- 1COURSE SELECTION DUE MARCH 1
- 3COMPLETING COURSE SELECTIONS
- 4MYWAY Online Course Request Portal
- 5SUBMITTING & PARENT VERIFICATION
- 6COURSE SELECTION VIDEOS PER GRADE
- 7GUIDANCE GOOGLE MEET SCHEDULE 2pm-2:45 pm daily
- 8FAQ BY GRADE
- 9KEY RESOURCES TO VIEW
- 10PLANNING TOOLS
- 11SUMMER SCHOOL
- 12TRADITIONAL WRDSB ELEARNING COURSES
COURSE SELECTION DUE MARCH 1
PHS Course Selections are due by Monday, March 1, 2021 in MyWay.
Students can start researching their course choices for next year ANYTIME by:
- reading the PHS Course Descriptions
- by using myBlueprint.ca/wrdsb (use student login) to track the courses you like in an Educational Plan.
COMPLETING COURSE SELECTIONS
- Keep this Course Selection Tools tab open.
- Open the MyWay portal below in a new tab. Go to the Course Request tab and click the radio button to say you will be returning to school. MyWay saves your work automatically!
- Listen to the video for your grade below while starting to fill in your compulsory courses in MyWay
- Refer to the Key Resources list below to find a list of course offerings, course descriptions, FAQs for your grade which contains most common questions and answers student’s ask
- Be sure to choose ONE alternate course choice (shown by an X beside the course code)
- Join a Google Meet to ask a guidance counsellor your course selection questions. See the schedule below for your grade.
SUBMITTING & PARENT VERIFICATION
Once course selections have been entered using MyWay, they are deemed “submitted”. We ask that parents acknowledge you have reviewed your student’s selections by signing the permission form using the school-day tool and follow the steps to sign the form.
If you do not have a School-Day account please contact Mrs. Wallace at the Main Office for your student’s secure match key to complete the account registration. 519-653-2367
We are not collecting any paper copy of course selections this year. Please know that once you have made your choices in MyWay, your guidance counsellor will receive and review this information after March 1. MyWay saves the information that you input automatically.
COURSE SELECTION VIDEOS PER GRADE
Grade 9 to 10 course selection presentation
Grade 10 to 11 course selection presentation
Grade 11 to 12 course selection presentation
Grade 12 to 5th year presentation
Grade 12’s not returning to PHS
Simply fill out this Leaving School Survey. Thank you.
Click link above to drop into the google meet where a guidance counsellor will gladly answer your course selection questions.
FAQ BY GRADE
Gr 10 FAQ (For grade 9’s choosing grade 10 courses)
Gr. 11 FAQ(For grade 10’s choosing grade 11 courses)
Gr. 12 FAQ(For grade 11’s choosing grade 12 courses)
What do I need to take in Grade 12 to prepare for University or College or an Apprenticeship? Click Here
KEY RESOURCES TO VIEW
**READ PHS COURSE DESCRIPTIONS** – check the prerequisite column
GENERIC COURSE SELECTION PLANNING SHEET for all grades– to make a draft copy of your choices
Summer School registration will take place in late April. This will be advertised on the grade google classrooms and on the front page of the PHS Website.
At Course Selection time: Please fill out this Summer School Plans Survey to indicate that you are planning to go to summer school in July 2021. The guidance office will use this survey to send you a reminder email when registration opens for summer school. It is your responsibility to register yourself.
TRADITIONAL WRDSB ELEARNING COURSES
Students may choose semester long elearning courses in MYWAY. Elearning course codes end in an “E” for example ENG3UE. These courses would run from Sept.-January or Feb. – June. This is not a distance learning course; the teacher is not teaching the content live but rather the student independently works on the course materials during their scheduled Elearning course period, to meet the given due dates. Click the link above to read more about Elearning Courses.