New to Canada? Register your child now for the 2019-20 school year
July 30th, 2019
- Are you in Canada on a work permit or study permit?
- Do you have a refugee claimant document?
- Are you waiting for confirmation of permanent residence or citizenship?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, your child might need a Letter of Admission to register at a Waterloo Region District School Board school. Our International Admissions Office staff are available throughout the summer to help you.
Visit our International Families website for information on how to apply, required documents, and school placement. You will also find answers to frequently asked questions about English as a Second Language (ESL) programs, school and grade placement, and school bus transportation.
Your child may be eligible for fee-exempt status if:
- a parent has a work permit
- a parent has a study permit
- the child or parent has a refugee claimant document
- the child is in-application for permanent resident or citizenship documents
For more information, go to our International Families website.
Students who are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Students who already have proof of citizenship, permanent resident papers, or a valid Letter of Admission can register for school starting the week of August 26, 2019.
To see which school your child will attend and bus eligibility information, visit School Finder. Please call your school after August 26, 2019 to book an appointment.
Fee-paying International Students
For International Students who wish to study at Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) as fee-paying students, please review our International Students website for application deadlines, tuition fees, and more information.