September 8th, 2020
Welcome Back Information for Preston High School
On behalf of the staff of Preston High School, we welcome everyone to the 2020-2021 school year. We are anticipating an exciting school year for everyone.
As part of the school year start-up, parents and caregivers are asked to review information to help you navigate the upcoming school year. Some of the information requires a response and other information is posted for your review. All the information can be found on the School Year Information section of the WRDSB website.
You will find this year some of the requirements for the “Action Required Information” have changed. This includes:
- Data Verification Forms
- A copy of this form will be provided to your student. This form verifies your child’s information, as well as your contact and emergency contact preferences. Please review the information and return to the school by Friday September 11, 2020
- Do Not Ride – Student Transportation
- The Do Not Ride Form must be completed annually by parents of children who qualify for busing but will not ride because the parent has made alternative arrangements. If not already completed, and qualified transportation is not required, please complete the online form and submit to Student Transportation.
- Medical Information
- If your child has a recently diagnosed medical condition (e.g., anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy/ seizures or requires prescribed medication during the school day), please indicate clearly on the Data Verification Form. If additional information/action is required, appropriate forms, including administration of medication forms will be sent home for families to complete.
- If your student has a previously diagnosed medical condition, a paper copy of the Plan of Care will be sent home for review and parent signature.
- PHS Quadmester One Calendar – Location By Cohort
If you have any questions about the “Action Required” Information for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact the school office at 519-653-2367.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Preston High School