June 2nd, 2021
Today, Premier Doug Ford announced that students across Ontario will not be returning to in-person learning this school year. We know how difficult the multiple shifts in learning modes have been for students and families and we know that the extended period of remote learning has had an impact on everyone in the community. We remain committed to supporting student learning remotely and to doing all we can to end the school year on a positive note. Over the next weeks, we will be sharing information about how students can access summer enrichment and upgrade courses, and also mental health and well-being supports.
- Students will continue to learn remotely at home through to the end of the school year
- There are no changes to the end of the school year schedule
- Students will be able to return to school to retrieve any personal belongings that were left at school in April
- Schools will contact families to organize the return of any school-owned devices and learning materials
- The Premier has announced that students will be invited to celebrate their graduation in-person at school in June for a short, outdoor celebration, where physical distancing is possible.
- With further information from the Ministry of Education and in consultation with Public Health, we will provide more details on what in-person outdoor graduations will look like.
- Schools will be following up with families on each of these items to provide more information as it becomes available.
Keeping you informed
Find out what we know as soon as we know it:
- Subscribe to our website at www.wrdsb.ca to receive updates
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram