SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO START YOUR SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH:
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Finding scholarships takes time and dedication! Be prepared to do lots of planning and research.
- Know that YOU find scholarships they rarely find you!
- Also it is important to know that you will never win a scholarship that you don’t apply for, so go for it!
ONCE YOU BEGIN:
- Create a folder (paper and digital) that includes:
- reference letters
- previous applications
- completed forms
- awards won
- academic history and report cards
2. Check timelines carefully!
- It is important to note that scholarships are due throughout the year and will have a range of different due dates. Be aware! Also if you require any type of school endorsement or a reference letter completed, these should be brought to the attention of guidance or the teacher reference at least two weeks prior to the scholarship due date.
3, Track all scholarships you apply for and keep a record of the date you submitted, contact information and any other relevant details to help with your tracking.
LET THE SEARCH BEGIN!!
- Key Resource: SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL AID RESOURCE for useful strategies, guidelines and websites to help with your research.
- Quick Link to the PHS General Scholarship Application due Friday April 12, 2024 by 11:59pm. Preview the PHS General Scholarship Application Questions on the application first. Here is a list of the Award Descriptions.
- Check out The Scholarship Report posted on the PHS Class of 20– Google Classroom