Current PHS students with IEPs who are registered to attend a College or University in the Fall or who are applying to a postsecondary program for next year are encouraged to contact the Disability Services Office (or comparable) of the school(s) they wish to attend to arrange transition visits and to arrange accommodations for the upcoming year.
Many of these institutions offer specific transition programs specialized to students’ learning needs (for example, York offers Project Advance, which is tailored for students with Autism) which are designed to prepare students for the transition to University/College and to outline the documentation required in order to be permitted accommodations.
Please visit the following links:
Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario
Canadian Mental Health Association
Transition Resource Guide